July 21st(Wed)–August 22nd(Sun)
- Hours: Wed–Thu–Fri 11:00 - 19:00, Sat–Sun 11:00 - 17:00
- Closed: Mon–Tue
KEN NAKAHASHI is pleased to present one’s signal, a commemorative exhibition for the 8th year of the gallery, to be held from July 21st (Wed) until September 26th, 2021.
The title of the exhibition one’s signal has the meaning of "a call or response to the unknown". In keeping with the stance that the gallery has advocated the attitude or behavior in the past, a variety of works will be exhibited in the first and second halves of the exhibition, based on the theme of the ‘signal’ of each moment which is driving thrust and source of thought and communication that overlap multiple layers of time and space.
In addition, collaborating with Mari Uzawa Urabe from the Japan Memento Mori Association, an online talk event will be held looking and thinking about death from various angles, talking freely with people involved in medical care, philosophy, and religion.
There is a work that requires a portable emergency radio. Please bring your radio when you come to the venue.
- Raiden Dialogue, 2021, Eiki Mori
- man in a coat, 2021, Yasushi Ebihara
- Drawing for "Star Tales—flowers constellation", 2021, Mihoko Ogaki
- AD2021 01, 2021, Jörgen Axelvall
- Untitled, 2021, Yuto Kasai
Youngso No (immeasurable)
Latter period: August 25th (Wed)–September 26th (Sun)
Youngso No (immeasurable)
Update: September 15, 2021
Due to various reasons, we have decided to cancel the planned talk event with Mari Urabe, the representative of the Japan Memento Mori Association. We are planning to include the text written by Mari Urabe and others in the exhibition archive booklet of one's signal.
Update: September 17, 2021
The PDF of the handout for one's signal—early period is now available in the Dropbox below.
- 1976 Born in Ishikawa
- 2001 Graduated from The Photography Dept., Parsons The New School for Design
- Letter to My Son, KEN NAKAHASHI, Japan, 2020
- Family Regained, Nanarokusha Publishing, Japan, 2017
- Intimacy, Nanarokusha, Japan, 2013
- tokyo boy alone, Revolution Star Publishing and Creation, Taiwan, 2011
- CROWS AND PEARLS, Edition Nord. Japan, 2009
- Festival/Tokyo Focus Talk Eiki Mori x Yoshikazu Yamagata『A Poet: We See a Rainbow』
- Festival/Tokyo18 Eiki Mori Performance『A Poet: We See a Rainbow』
- Tokyo Rainbow Pride Official Homepage
- i-D Japan News
- NADiff | Eiki Mori "Family Regained: The Splash - We brush our teeth, take a shower, put on pajamas and go out into the street-"
- F/T 17 "Family Regained: Picnic"
- 城市美學新態度 | 日本新銳攝影師Eiki Mori 森榮喜
- 城市美學看展趣 | 夢想未來的家庭：森榮喜 Eiki Mori 的 Family Regained《復家庭》
- i-D Japan Vice | Interview with Eiki Mori
- IMA ONLINE | Talk Eiki Mori x Toshimitsu Kokido
- Dokujyojin | Eiki Mori x Yurie Nagashima Talk Event
- Interview ODALISQUE Magazine
- Born 1972 in Sweden. Lives in Tokyo.
- Before moving to Tokyo he lived in New York City for 15 years.
- Instant Moments, super sonic, 2014
- I was looking for Park Hyatt Tokyo, Park Hyatt Tokyo / amana, 2014
- OIDE, hand made, limited edition of three, Self published / FORT, 2015
- Go To Become, roshin books, 2017
- Six Questions: Jörgen Axelvall by Tique, a publication on contemporary art
- Tokyo Art Beat | Jörgen Axelvalls Interview by Paul Mclnnes
- Bijyutsutecho | And I reminisce Jörgen Axelvalls Solo Ehibition, node hotel Kyoto
- IMA ONLINE | And I reminisce Jörgen Axelvalls Solo Ehibition, node hotel Kyoto
- IMA ONLINE | And I reminisce Jörgen Axelvalls Solo Ehibition
- METROPOLIS | The Creative Issue Jörgen Axelvall
- POSTGENDAI 後現代
- CINRA.NET | Jörgen Axelvalls Kär / Lek Solo Exhibition
- Twelve Magazine | Jörgen Axelvalls Kär / Lek Solo Exhibition
- i-D Vice | KÄR / LEK Solo Exhibition by Jörgen Axelvall
- OPENERS | Book | INSTANT MOMENTS
- Japan Media Arts Festival | Jury Selections | I was looking for Park Hyatt Tokyo
- 1973 Born in Toyama
- 1995 Graduated Aichi Prefectural University of the Arts with a major in oil painting
- 2003 Master degree at the German National Kunstakademie Düsseldorf from Prof. Klaus Rinke
- 2004 Final Diploma at the German National Kunstakademie Düsseldorf
- 2010 Moved to Japan
- "Mihoko Ogaki WHO" Published/Edited/Designed by Shuji Sugihara, 2013
- Born 1976 in Ibaragi, Japan
- 1999 B.F.A., Oil Painting, Tokyo National University of the Arts, Japan
- 2001 M.F.A., Tokyo National University of the Arts, Japan
- "tarot" published by KEN NAKAHASHI, 2017
- "if..." published by matchbaco, 2014
- "Tarot CULKIN" Self-Published tarot cards, 2017