matchbaco is very pleased to annouce “Necessarius” -matchbaco collection-, to be held from March 28. It’s a retrospective on one year of matchbaco. One piece by each artist. We are looking forward to seeing you.
◆Details Title: “Necessarius” -matchbaco collection-
Period: 2015 March 28 (Sat) - April 10 (Fri)
Vernissage: March 28 (Sat) 19:00-0:00
Hours: 2pm - 10pm *Open until midnight on Fridays & Saturdays
Genre: Painting, Photography, Sculpture
Venue: matchbaco 5F No.2 Shinjuku Bldg., 3-1-32, Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
- 1988 Born in Germany
- 2005-06 Academy of Fine Arts Leipzig (HGB) (Jochen Plogsties)
- 2010-11 Academy of Leipzig School of Desgin (Christian Weihrauch)
- 2011-16 Burg Giebichenstein Kunsthochschule Halle (Christine Triebsch)
- 2013-14 Tokyo National University of the Arts (O JUN)
- 2015 JASSO scholarship, Tokyo National University of the Arts (O JUN)
- 2016 Diploma (Jochen Plogsties, Peter Möller)
Born 1988 in Yamanashi prefecture. Lives and works in Tokyo.
2011 B.F.A. in Art Management at University of Yamanashi.
Takashima received an Honorable Mention Award in Canon New Cosmos of Photography in 2012, and in 2016 at the same award he got an Excellence Award (Selected by Hiraki Sawa).
Kiyosato Museum of Photographic Arts has selected Takashima’s works as part of its “Young Portfolio” in 2014 and in 2016.
- "Zawatsuki" published by matchbaco, 2014
- Interview with Kuta Takashima | ODALISQUE magazine
- Kiyosato Museum of Photographic Art | Young Portfolio Acquisitions 2016
- New Cosmos of Photography | Kuta Takashima 2016 Gallery
- 1980 Born in Osaka
- 2004 B.F.A in oil painting from Kyoto City University of the Arts
- July - September, 2017: Delfina Foundation, London
- "MARIKO" published by matchbaco, 2015
- "until the hug" self-published, 2018
- pays des fees, 2017
- Acha Tyumu, 2017
- Column for Mariko Matsushita's solo exhibition "Silent Resistance to Oblivion" written by QUOTATION magazine
- Interview "Oriental ideals in a postmodern shell" Odalisque Magazine
- Contemporary Art Foundation The 2nd CAF Artist Award - Grand Prize
- Darkness of Crimson - Outstanding Painter from Japan: MATSUSHITA Mariko "RAW" @ KEN NAKAHASHI
Born 1987, in Yamaguchi. Lives and works in Tokyo.
Graduated Oita University in 2010.
Born in 1968. Works in Tokyo, Paris and New York.
Hirano grew up under the influence French culture – Jean Cocteau, “Le Petit Prince”
At his age 24 he moved into France, and then in 1995 his drawings were featured in Le Monde. Since then he started to work with LANCÔME, Cartier, CELINE, BADOIT, LE MONDE, FIGARO, VOGUE in France, and with Shiseido, shu uemura, ISSEY MIYAKE in Japan. His works and designs were featured on the product packages.
Since 2007 he has been based in Tokyo. Since the Great East Japan Earthquake and tsunami of March11, 2011, he has been focusing on “Visualizing imaginary things between dreams and imagination, a new human morality and reality”