Erik Swars “Adyton”
Exhibition period: 2014.05.31(sat)-07.26(sat)
Erik Swars was born 1988 in Eastern Germany. His parents are engineers, still unmarried. He grew up in Leipzig, till his parents decided to get back to his small hometown, where he had his first creative expressional contact with graffiti artists. But after a short while he recognized, that this monosyllabically expression is not enough for him.
Erik Swars started his first painting. At first try he came into the class of Jochen Plogsties at the evening academy of the HGB Leipzig. Mr. Plogsties showed him the space of paintings and confronted him with his work.
Today Erik Swars study painting at Kunsthochschule Halle (Saale) Burg Giebichenstein and was an exchange student at Tokyo Geidai University Of The Fine Arts(09.2013-02.2014).
His topics ranging in the border area - phenomenon’s, degeneration, decisions, fail, fortune, authority, power and criticism. The painting poses questions to the viewer - the doors are locked, the keys are hidden or given away, aesthetics of the ill-favoured, confronted with the cliché of kitsch.
Erik Swars is a painter
- his paintings are thoughts
Vernissage/opening event: 2014.05.31(sat) 19:00- Including Skype call with Erik Swars in Germany and The guests at matchbco.
For this exhibition Erik Swars will be in Tokyo from July 16th. Reception Party // 2014.07.19 (sat) 19:00-
- 1988 Born in Germany
- 2005-06 Academy of Fine Arts Leipzig (HGB) (Jochen Plogsties)
- 2010-11 Academy of Leipzig School of Desgin (Christian Weihrauch)
- 2011-16 Burg Giebichenstein Kunsthochschule Halle (Christine Triebsch)
- 2013-14 Tokyo National University of the Arts (O JUN)
- 2015 JASSO scholarship, Tokyo National University of the Arts (O JUN)
- 2016 Diploma (Jochen Plogsties, Peter Möller)
- Bilder 2018-2020 (self-publishing, 2020)