KEN NAKAHASHI is pleased to present Soft Mirrors, a group exhibition, to be hold from January 11 until February 2, 2019.
Artists: Eiki Mori, Erik Swars, Jörgen Axelvall, Mariko Matsushita, Mihoko Ogaki, Ren Hang, Shinji Ihara, Yasushi Ebihara
- 1976 Born in Ishikawa
- 2001 Graduated from The Photography Dept., Parsons The New School for Design
- Letter to My Son, KEN NAKAHASHI, Japan, 2020
- Family Regained, Nanarokusha Publishing, Japan, 2017
- Intimacy, Nanarokusha, Japan, 2013
- tokyo boy alone, Revolution Star Publishing and Creation, Taiwan, 2011
- CROWS AND PEARLS, Edition Nord. Japan, 2009
- Festival/Tokyo Focus Talk Eiki Mori x Yoshikazu Yamagata『A Poet: We See a Rainbow』
- Festival/Tokyo18 Eiki Mori Performance『A Poet: We See a Rainbow』
- Tokyo Rainbow Pride Official Homepage
- i-D Japan News
- NADiff | Eiki Mori "Family Regained: The Splash - We brush our teeth, take a shower, put on pajamas and go out into the street-"
- F/T 17 "Family Regained: Picnic"
- 城市美學新態度 | 日本新銳攝影師Eiki Mori 森榮喜
- 城市美學看展趣 | 夢想未來的家庭：森榮喜 Eiki Mori 的 Family Regained《復家庭》
- i-D Japan Vice | Interview with Eiki Mori
- IMA ONLINE | Talk Eiki Mori x Toshimitsu Kokido
- Dokujyojin | Eiki Mori x Yurie Nagashima Talk Event
- Interview ODALISQUE Magazine
- 1988 Born in Germany
- 2005-06 Academy of Fine Arts Leipzig (HGB) (Jochen Plogsties)
- 2010-11 Academy of Leipzig School of Desgin (Christian Weihrauch)
- 2011-16 Burg Giebichenstein Kunsthochschule Halle (Christine Triebsch)
- 2013-14 Tokyo National University of the Arts (O JUN)
- 2015 JASSO scholarship, Tokyo National University of the Arts (O JUN)
- 2016 Diploma (Jochen Plogsties, Peter Möller)
- Bilder 2018-2020 (self-publishing, 2020)
- Born 1972 in Sweden. Lives in Tokyo.
- Before moving to Tokyo he lived in New York City for 15 years.
- Instant Moments, super sonic, 2014
- I was looking for Park Hyatt Tokyo, Park Hyatt Tokyo / amana, 2014
- OIDE, hand made, limited edition of three, Self published / FORT, 2015
- Go To Become, roshin books, 2017
- Bijyutsutecho | And I reminisce Jörgen Axelvalls Solo Ehibition, node hotel Kyoto
- IMA ONLINE | And I reminisce Jörgen Axelvalls Solo Ehibition, node hotel Kyoto
- IMA ONLINE | And I reminisce Jörgen Axelvalls Solo Ehibition
- METROPOLIS | The Creative Issue Jörgen Axelvall
- POSTGENDAI 後現代
- CINRA.NET | Jörgen Axelvalls Kär / Lek Solo Exhibition
- Twelve Magazine | Jörgen Axelvalls Kär / Lek Solo Exhibition
- i-D Vice | KÄR / LEK Solo Exhibition by Jörgen Axelvall
- OPENERS | Book | INSTANT MOMENTS
- Japan Media Arts Festival | Jury Selections | I was looking for Park Hyatt Tokyo
- 1980 Born in Osaka
- 2004 B.F.A in oil painting from Kyoto City University of the Arts
- July - September, 2017: Delfina Foundation, London
- MARIKO (published by matchbaco, 2015)
- until the hug (self-published, 2018)
- KEN NAKAHASHI No.2—Mariko Matsushita Anökumene: Land exiled as uninhabitable（published by KEN NAKAHASHI, 2020）
- pays des fees, 2017
- Acha Tyumu, 2017
- Interview "Oriental ideals in a postmodern shell" Odalisque Magazine
- Contemporary Art Foundation The 2nd CAF Artist Award - Grand Prize
- 1973 Born in Toyama
- 1995 Graduated Aichi Prefectural University of the Arts with a major in oil painting
- 2003 Master degree at the German National Kunstakademie Düsseldorf from Prof. Klaus Rinke
- 2004 Final Diploma at the German National Kunstakademie Düsseldorf
- 2010 Moved to Japan
- "Mihoko Ogaki WHO" Published/Edited/Designed by Shuji Sugihara, 2013
Born 1987 in Changchun, Jilin Province, China, and died in February in 2017 at the age of 29. Ren Hang is widely regarded as one of China’s top young contemporary photographers, who kept taking pictures of friends in the nude at a time when “sex” continues to be taboo in China.
Not only are his colours captivatingly vivid, they are poetic and a lyrical sensation with young men and women posing as if veritably sculptured.
He has held numerous exhibitions in several world capital cities, such as Beijing, Paris, NY and Tokyo and also participated in international art fairs on numerous occasions; Paris Photo and Photo Basel. In 2010, he won the Italy third TERNA Prize for Contemporary Art.
In 2011 he self-published the photo books “REN HANG 2009-2011” and “ROOM”. Since then, he has also published a great number of notable books.
His works are already incorporated into the public collections of several museums; Multimedia Art Museum in Russia, CAFA Art Museum in China, Spencer Museum of Art, University of Kansas, US, Three Shadows Photography Art Centre in China and the White Rabbit Contemporary Chinese Art Collection in Australia.
- 2016, ATHENS LOVE 雅典的爱, Session press, USA
- 2016, 二月 FEBRUARY, Self-Published，China
- 2016, 一月 JANUARY, Self-Published, China
- 2015, 海鲜派对 Seafood Party, Self-Published, China
- 2015, 上海游客 Shanghai Visitors, Self-Published, China
- 2015, NEW LOVE 新欢, Session press, USA
- 2015, 野生, Die Nacht, Germany
- 2015, FOOD ISSUE, Same studio, China
- 2014, PHYSICAL BORDERLINE, ThreeShadows +3 Gallery, China
- 2013, THE BRIGHTEST LIGHT RUNS TOO FAST, Editions Bessard, France
- 2013, SON AND BITCH, Neurasthenia, Taiwan
- 2013, Republic, Éditions du LIC, Norway
- 2013, MY DEPRESSION, Self-Published, China
- 2012, NUDE, Self-Published, China
- 2011, ROOM, Self-Published, China
- 2011, REN HANG 2009-2011, Self-Published, China
- 2013, Poem Collection of Renhang, Neurasthenia, Taiwan
- 1987 Born in Fukuoka
- 2010 B.F.A in Oil Painting of Hiroshima City University
- 2012 M.F.A. in Oil Painting Materials and Techniques of Tokyo National University of the Arts
- "RENDEZVOUS" published by matchbaco, 2015
- TOKYO DANDY | SHINJI IHARA "RENDEZVOUS" AT MATCHBACO GALLERY
- i-D Vice | "MEYOU" Shinji Ihara Solo Exhibition
- Born 1976 in Ibaragi prefecture.
- 2001 M.F.A. Tokyo National University of the Arts.
- "tarot" published by KEN NAKAHASHI, 2017
- "if..." published by matchbaco, 2014
- "Tarot CULKIN" Self-Published tarot cards, 2017