KEN NAKAHASHI will hold Kuta Takashima’s exhibition from October 6th (Fri) until 28th (Sat), 2017.
Takashima’s photography pertains to sceneries of memory and it's representation, as if he overlaps sketches of fragments from various landscapes and daily life.
Titled “Eternity in the Present Moment”, straight photos and new works from his series of digitally fused shots will be exhibited, to reconstruct his travels through the course of his creating history.
“Day to day, I walk around with my camera and take loads of pictures.
By fusing images residing within me, with photographs which are images of the outer world, to structure a form that transcend over time and space.
For instance, a picture shot today might suddenly overlap with a picture taken long ago.
A moment that was thought to be foregone in the past, comes forth as the ‘present.’
These seem to be elements of the past and present, but could also be the future.”
- Title: Kuta Takashima "Eternity in the Present Moment"
- Period: October 6 (Fri) - 28 (Sat)
- Venue: KEN NAKAHASHI (5F, No.2 Shinjuku Bldg., 3-1-32, Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-0022)
- Hours: 13:00 - 21:00
- Closed: Sun. & Mon.
- Opening Reception: October 6 (Fri) 18:00-
Born 1988 in Yamanashi prefecture. Lives and works in Tokyo.
2011 B.F.A. in Art Management at University of Yamanashi.
Takashima received an Honorable Mention Award in Canon New Cosmos of Photography in 2012, and in 2016 at the same award he got an Excellence Award (Selected by Hiraki Sawa).
Kiyosato Museum of Photographic Arts has selected Takashima’s works as part of its “Young Portfolio” in 2014 and in 2016.
- "Zawatsuki" published by matchbaco, 2014
- Interview with Kuta Takashima | ODALISQUE magazine
- Kiyosato Museum of Photographic Art | Young Portfolio Acquisitions 2016
- New Cosmos of Photography | Kuta Takashima 2016 Gallery