KEN NAKAHASHI is please to announce “Defining Moment”, the second solo exhibition by Mihoko Ogaki, to be held from May 10 (Thu) until June 16 (Sat), 2018.
We will present three new works from the “Milky Way”, a series of human sculptures projecting galaxy-like light, which Ogaki continues to create with the theme of life, death, and rebirth.
Ogaki’s work quietly but strongly speaks beyond the boundaries of nationality and age, about fundamental wonders of “Life and Death”.
When stepping into the space lit with uncountable stars emitting from the Fiber-reinforced plastic (FRP) sculptures, one goes astray into a different dimension, apart from the flow of time, losing ones words, embraced in “the galaxy of life and death.”
Life and death comes and goes, as we are reminded of the galactic cycle of nature humanity is in, and gradually sinks our thoughts into the depth of the hope of life.
Shown in this exhibition are her new approaches in intimately modeling a friend’s newborn child and a young man, as well as an old woman sitting on a wooden antique chair.
- Title: "Defining Moment"
- Artist: Mihoko Ogaki
- Period: May 10 (Thu) ~ June 16 (Sat), 2018
- Opening Reception: May 12 (Sat) 18:00 ~ 21:00
- Closed: Sun & Mon
- Hours: 13:00 ~ 21:00
- 1973 Born in Toyama
- 1995 Graduated Aichi Prefectural University of the Arts with a major in oil painting
- 2003 Master degree at the German National Kunstakademie Düsseldorf from Prof. Klaus Rinke
- 2004 Final Diploma at the German National Kunstakademie Düsseldorf
- 2010 Moved to Japan
- "Mihoko Ogaki WHO" Published/Edited/Designed by Shuji Sugihara, 2013