“LOIVE” -group show-
January 16 (Sat) - February 20 (Sat), 2016
14:00 - 22:00
Closed on Mondays & Tuesdays
matchbaco is pleased to present “LOIVE”, a group exhibition featuring 8 artists, will be running from January 16 (Sat) - February 20 (Sat), 2016.
- 1988 Born in Germany
- 2005-06 Academy of Fine Arts Leipzig (HGB) (Jochen Plogsties)
- 2010-11 Academy of Leipzig School of Desgin (Christian Weihrauch)
- 2011-16 Burg Giebichenstein Kunsthochschule Halle (Christine Triebsch)
- 2013-14 Tokyo National University of the Arts (O JUN)
- 2015 JASSO scholarship, Tokyo National University of the Arts (O JUN)
- 2016 Diploma (Jochen Plogsties, Peter Möller)
- 1980 Born in Osaka
- 2004 B.F.A in oil painting from Kyoto City University of the Arts
- July - September, 2017: Delfina Foundation, London
- "MARIKO" published by matchbaco, 2015
- "until the hug" self-published, 2018
- pays des fees, 2017
- Acha Tyumu, 2017
- Column for Mariko Matsushita's solo exhibition "Silent Resistance to Oblivion" written by QUOTATION magazine
- Interview "Oriental ideals in a postmodern shell" Odalisque Magazine
- Contemporary Art Foundation The 2nd CAF Artist Award - Grand Prize
- Darkness of Crimson - Outstanding Painter from Japan: MATSUSHITA Mariko "RAW" @ KEN NAKAHASHI
Born 1987 in Changchun, Jilin Province, China, and died in February in 2017 at the age of 29. Ren Hang is widely regarded as one of China’s top young contemporary photographers, who kept taking pictures of friends in the nude at a time when “sex” continues to be taboo in China.
Not only are his colours captivatingly vivid, they are poetic and a lyrical sensation with young men and women posing as if veritably sculptured.
He has held numerous exhibitions in several world capital cities, such as Beijing, Paris, NY and Tokyo and also participated in international art fairs on numerous occasions; Paris Photo and Photo Basel. In 2010, he won the Italy third TERNA Prize for Contemporary Art.
In 2011 he self-published the photo books “REN HANG 2009-2011” and “ROOM”. Since then, he has also published a great number of notable books.
His works are already incorporated into the public collections of several museums; Multimedia Art Museum in Russia, CAFA Art Museum in China, Spencer Museum of Art, University of Kansas, US, Three Shadows Photography Art Centre in China and the White Rabbit Contemporary Chinese Art Collection in Australia.
- 2016, ATHENS LOVE 雅典的爱, Session press, USA
- 2016, 二月 FEBRUARY, Self-Published，China
- 2016, 一月 JANUARY, Self-Published, China
- 2015, 海鲜派对 Seafood Party, Self-Published, China
- 2015, 上海游客 Shanghai Visitors, Self-Published, China
- 2015, NEW LOVE 新欢, Session press, USA
- 2015, 野生, Die Nacht, Germany
- 2015, FOOD ISSUE, Same studio, China
- 2014, PHYSICAL BORDERLINE, ThreeShadows +3 Gallery, China
- 2013, THE BRIGHTEST LIGHT RUNS TOO FAST, Editions Bessard, France
- 2013, SON AND BITCH, Neurasthenia, Taiwan
- 2013, Republic, Éditions du LIC, Norway
- 2013, MY DEPRESSION, Self-Published, China
- 2012, NUDE, Self-Published, China
- 2011, ROOM, Self-Published, China
- 2011, REN HANG 2009-2011, Self-Published, China
- 2013, Poem Collection of Renhang, Neurasthenia, Taiwan
- 1987 Born in Fukuoka
- 2010 B.F.A in Oil Painting of Hiroshima City University
- 2012 M.F.A. in Oil Painting Materials and Techniques of Tokyo National University of the Arts
- "RENDEZVOUS" published by matchbaco, 2015
- TOKYO DANDY | SHINJI IHARA "RENDEZVOUS" AT MATCHBACO GALLERY
- i-D Vice | "MEYOU" Shinji Ihara Solo Exhibition
Born 1987, in Yamaguchi. Lives and works in Tokyo.
Graduated Oita University in 2010.
- Born 1976 in Ibaragi prefecture.
- 2001 M.F.A. Tokyo National University of the Arts.
- "tarot" published by KEN NAKAHASHI, 2017
- "if..." published by matchbaco, 2014
- "Tarot CULKIN" Self-Published tarot cards, 2017
Born 1990 in Tottori prefecture.
Ida obtained a B.F.A. in oil painting from Tokyo National University of the Arts in 2016. In March 2016, his works were exhibited at “VOCA 2016”. In May, he received the Nawa Kohei Prize at the 3rd annual CAF Art Award organized by the Contemporary Art Foundation.
In December he held a solo exhibition “Star Child” at KEN NAKAHASHI, the first show since the gallery’s change of name and displayed the paintings he worked on in New York last Fall. Ida’s work focuses on the memories of “Ichigo-Ichie”, portraying the fleeting, chance encounter of people that surround him in the present moment, and the artist’s self-imagined backdrop. Titled The End of Today series, these works are painted in a day, while his brush is still driven by initial impulse.
Also, by depicting pigs and horses as a projection of human existence, he explores the depth of people, and converts this into an image in between abstract and concrete, reaching out to the existence of the subject itself.
- 1988 Born in Aomori
- 2013 9th photography 1_WALL, Grand Prize